Minutes November 16, 2023
Call to Order
The Executive Board Meeting was called to order by Gerald at 12:00 am. The meeting was held at Gerald Amato Insurance Agency.
Evin Miller (phone)
Approval of Minutes
Motion made by Gayle, 2nd by Teressa
- Move CD funds to the City of Rose Hill during February, 2024 to be used for a community water project. Mia motioned, Ross seconded, approved. $8746.07 is the current balance of the CD maturing on 3/23/24.
- Move $2052.99 from the car show account to the chamber account. Purchased PA system stored at Autobody Connections. Gayle motioned, Kelsey seconded, approved.
Membership report by Ashley Mowder, recently expired:
- Bramble’s Edge
- Butler Community College
- Wichita Dirt Company
- Alert 360
Marketing and Website:
Create a 1 year free membership code for Crosswinds Aviation who won a membership at the Annual Dinner – Greg Thomas.
Member of the Month:
- December – Alert 360
- January – Methodist Church
- February – Besco Testing
- March – Wichita Plumbing
- Follow up on scholarship, Ashley will text Ella
- Kelsey explained Business Student of the Month opportunity, we will invite students to Annual Dinner and ask them to speak for a few minutes. Kelsey will reach out to high school instructors about students that may be able to offer some volunteer hours to the Chamber.
- Discussed Ribbon Cuttings recently for Velocity and RH Rec Center, Truly Amazing may happen after the first of the year.
- Discussed Texting program and how to get members signed up.
- Teressa Hammond is retiring as Treasurer.
- December’s meeting is moved to Dec. 14, 2023.
Meeting adjourned at 12:56 am