Rose Hill Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting April 21, 2022
Call to Order
The Executive Board Meeting was called to order by Gerald Amato at 12:00 pm. The meeting was held at American Family Insurance .
Approval of Agenda
Motion made by , 2nd by
Approval of Minutes
Motion made by Gayle, 2nd by Natalie
- We need a debit card to ease the payment and reimbursement for various items. Everyone agreed
- The auto payment system was not functioning for part of the month, it is working now
- We need to pay Lee Media for the added services (online payments, online scholarship application, etc)
- Illumination account is now closed
- Rose Hill Hometown Christmas needs to become independent of the Chamber. Lovina said she would help HTC with that, and Natalie said she would assist also. HTC needs their own Tax ID #s, and their own bank account.
- New members: Melanie Main Realty and possibly Kountry Kitchen
- When Kountry Kitchen becomes member, we need to ask if they want to be in the caterer rotation for Chamber events
- Ask the Dentist about doing a mixer
Old Business follow up:
- Chamber Dinner/ Decorating reminder: we will meet at 6pm Wed at Morning Grit to decorate and set up for the Annual Dinner; Bison Liqur will donate some of the beverages; Andrea will come to help with the table centerpieces; Andrea will do the itinerary; Chamber will donate 4 – $25 Chamber Bucks for the prizes. There are still a few prizes that we are trying to get together from various chamber members.
- Scholarship discussion: all board members received a packet in email for each applicant; discouraged because there were only 2 applicants, so it was decided to loosen up the requirements by removing the “business” aspect of the requirements. It was felt that many kids did not apply because they were going to be vets, or nurses, or teachers. We want to include these students going forward. Also, next year we will market it more aggressively by rolling the program out earlier, and building more communication among the businesses, especially during the general meetings. Final vote for the scholarship winner will be Wednesday, April 27. We will make a winner announcement at the Annual Dinner and also Natalie will present the award to the winner at the Senior Award Breakfast.
❖ Presentation from Kelsey of ideas to partner with the schools:
Not just the Chamber, but Chamber members/businesses partnering with schools to build community pride and respect.
throw footballs into the crowds at games
Chamber tailgate party and include all the businesses (approve through the high school)
Spirit pride outfit competitions
❖ Rewriting of the Bylaws: Gerald and Lovina will continue to work on this project so we can conclude this soon. The plan will be to have a special meeting for the changes, and email proposed changes for each of the board to review before the special meeting.
❖ Joining the CCEKS/ Health Insurance: BCBS has a special policy for group members of Chambers of Commerce in Kansas. Gerald is compiling details, qualification requirements, cost, etc. Motion to approve offering a group policy to members upon completion of the plan details by Lovina; 2nd by Kelsey
❖ Home Based business recruitment: starting a spreadsheet of known home-based businesses to contact to discuss the advantages of being a chamber member. We shared the lists and plan to continue to add to it.
❖ 911 Memorial ideas: discussed the 9/11 Memorial project planning underway
Adjournment by Gerald at 1:10pm